Spark Creativity with an Adobe Student Creative Challenge

        Spark Creativity with an Adobe Student Creative Challenge 




Are you looking for an end-of-year creative activity for your students? Check out Adobe's I Am More Than A Score Creative Challenge! In this challenge, students will design a colorful image that describes all of their amazing qualities beyond test-taking. Before writing this post, I decided that I wanted to complete the challenge myself. I had lots of fun learning about the layers feature in Adobe Spark and exploring my creativity to create my own personal image. 




This challenge uses Adobe Spark and all of our students have access to Spark in ClassLink. The icon above is what students will see in ClassLink to access Adobe Spark. Adobe Spark is a great tool for students to create graphic designs such as cards, flyers, infographics and more!

How to Complete the Challenge:


1)  For this creative challenge, students will begin by going to this REMIXABLE TEMPLATE.  They will click on the button that says "remix template".  When the login screen appears, students will click the button that says "login with school account".  They will then click "continue with Google" to sign in using their district login credentials. 

2) Once logged in, students will watch this 1.5 minute VIDEO to learn how to experiment with layers and customize their unique graphic.

I will say that I had to do a some additional exploring of the tools in Adobe Spark to create my design even after watching the video a couple of times. Here are some tips I learned in completing this challenge:
1) I think the most important piece of this project is the layers icon that is shown in the video. A student will click on that icon to see all of the layers of their design. When they want to edit a specific layer, they can click on it from the layers menu and then make their edits. 

2) The other tip I can share is when students are changing their background, it's easiest for them to select the option to "freely move their background". This will allow them to decide if they want the background to fill the entire space or just a portion. They will also need to use the reorder button on the layer tool to make sure their background is the bottom layer so that it doesn't cover up their photo or test. 

If any of your students complete this challenge, we would love to see their work! You can email your campus Digital Learning Coach with any student projects you would like to share!


Comments